The best things in life are free and social running groups are no different. These run groups are either sponsored or are made up of runners in geographic proximity.
5. Atlanta Running Meetup – This group meets in or near Piedmont park in Midtown several times a week.
4. West Stride – Located off Northside Pkwy in Northwest Atlanta, this running store hosts free community runs, self-led and open to all abilities with mapped routes for a variety of distances, water stops along the routes, and post-run refreshments.
3. Phidippides Running – Owned by US Olympian, Jeff Galloway, this running store has 2 locations, Midtown and Sandy Springs and hosts free groups runs several times a week.
2. West Midtown Run Club – This run group meets Wednesdays at lululemon athletica on Howell Mill Rd. at 6:30pm. All levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
1. Big Peach Running – This running store hosts free events and social events across their 7 locations in Alpharetta, Brookhaven, Decatur, Kennesaw, Marietta, Midtown, and Suwanee.
Yeti Trail Runners embodies the true meaning of tribe. These tribe members / runners are passionate and proud of their Yeti clan, so much so, I couldn’t categorize them as a run club or run group. Just know they got enough votes to be recognized for the Yetis that they are.