Atlanta runners have plenty of half marathon races to choose from. Here are the top races with distance of 13.1 miles.
5. Alien 13.1 (Roswell, August) This race is dubbed ‘Alien Half’ at Riverside park in Roswell and starts in the evening in August.
4. JG 13.1 (Midtown, December) This half marathon is hosted by Jeff Galloway, US Olympian and first winner of the Peachtree Road Race in Midtown Atlanta.
3. Hotlanta Half (Downtown, June) The Hotlanta Half marathon starts at the World of Coca-Cola and winds through Piedmont Park past Georgia’s capital building.
2. Publix Georgia Half Marathon (Downtown, March) This half marathon starts and ends in Centennial Olympic park and is held on the 3rd Sunday in March annually.
1. Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Downtown, November) Dubbed the “Earn Your Turkey” race in Atlanta, this race is held on Thanksgiving morning annually. 5K distance is also offered.