When Spring arrives in Atlanta, the temperatures are perfect for a run and/or race. These top 5 spring races faced fierce competition for these top spots. (March, April, May)
5. JLA Shamrock ‘n Roll (Atlantic Station, March) This St. Patrick’s Day themed race is organized by the ladies of Junior League Atlanta. The post-race festival provides lots of goodies including home made baked goods for all finishers.
4. Georgia Tech Pi Mile (Midtown, April) This race’s official name is the Dean Georgia C. Griffin Pi Mile 5K Road Race, but is nicknamed Pi Mile to suggest the engineering students love of the numerical value of pi, the ratio of the diameter of a circle to its circumference.
3. Run the River (Roswell, April) This race benefits HomeStretch, a ministry dedicated to fighting homelessness in Roswell. The race is known for its flat and fast course and generally sells out.
2. Chattahoochee Road Race (Sandy Springs, March) This point-to-point race is a fast race for runners qualifying for the Peachtree Road Race. Post-race festival includes beer and food. Organized by the Chattahoochee Road Runners organization.
1. Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon (Downtown, March) This is Atlanta’s only marathon and a very popular half marathon held on the 3rd Sunday in March annually.