Cream of the crop, these five races were overwhelmingly voted the top races in Atlanta. 4 of 5 races offer multiple distance options. Top spot went to the largest 10K in the world.
5. Atlanta 10 Miler (Atlantic Station, October) This is the 2nd race in the Triple Peach Series in Atlantic Station and features a Cardiac Hill challenge. 5K distance is also offered.
4. Hot Chocolate 15K / 5K (Downtown, January) This race provides chocolate fondue for all finishers with a keepsake mug and high quality hoodie. 15K finishers receive a medal in the shape of a partially unwrapped chocolate bar.
3. Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Downtown, November) Dubbed the “Earn Your Turkey” race in Atlanta, this race is held on Thanksgiving morning annually. 5K distance is also offered.
2. Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon (Downtown, March) This is Atlanta’s only marathon and a very popular half marathon held on the 3rd Sunday in March annually.
1. Peachtree Road Race (Buckhead to Midtown, July) Largest 10K in the world capped at 60,000 participants, held annually on the 4th of July. Point to Point race starting from Lenox Mall in Buckhead and ending in Piedmont Park in Midtown Atlanta.