Atlanta was once known as “Hotlanta” for soaring summer temps and high humidity when it hosted the 1996 Summer Olympics. Hydration is key to running summer races in Atlanta. (June, July, August)
5. Vinings Downhill 5K (Vinings, August) The Vinings Downhill race is unique in that it offers participants a choice of a hat or a t-shirt. This is a point-to-point race that is mostly downhill in August.
4. Decatur Dekalb 4 Miler (Decatur, July) The Decatur Dekalb 4 Miler is Atlanta Track Club’s oldest race starting in 1967.
3. Hotlanta Half (Downtown, June) The Hotlanta Half marathon starts at the World of Coca-Cola and winds through Piedmont Park past Georgia’s capital building.
2. ATL 20K/10K Relay (Downtown, August) Grab your friends and form a team to finish this race in the Castleberry Hill area.
1. Peachtree Road Race (Buckhead to Midtown, July) Largest 10K in the world capped at 60,000 participants, held annually on the 4th of July. Point to Point race starting from Lenox Mall in Buckhead and ending in Piedmont Park in Midtown Atlanta.