Ah, the leaves are turning, and the temperatures once again cool down to perfect running weather in Atlanta. These top 5 fall races are a part of many families’ holiday traditions in Atlanta. (September, October, November)
5. Lanier Under the Lights 5K (Buford, GA, November) This popular race is held on 2 consecutive nights featuring a course of Christmas light displays as a part of Lanier Islands Magical Nights of Lights.
4. Craft Classic Half Marathon (Grant Park, September)This race starts and ends in Grant park and features challenging hills and scenic skyline views. All finishers receive a pint glass, shirt, and medal. Finishers age 21 and up will also enjoy a craft beer at the finish line.
3. Anything is Possible 5K (Kennesaw, November) – This race begins at 1:50 am (just before the Daylight Savings time change), so that all participants will have a finish time earlier than their start time!
2. Big Peach Sizzler 10K (Chamblee to Buckhead, September) This race starts outside the Chamblee Marta station and is a net downhill race to Buckhead Loop (just outside of the Buckhead Marta station).
1. Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon (Downtown, November) – Dubbed the “Earn Your Turkey” race in Atlanta, this race is held on Thanksgiving morning annually. 5K distance is also offered.