Winter races are a great way to stay in shape during a time when one might rather hibernate. Start the new year off on the “right foot” with the Resolution Run or conquer the half marathon with Jeff Galloway. (December, January, February)
5. JG 13.1 (Midtown, December) This half marathon is hosted by Jeff Galloway, US Olympian and first winner of the Peachtree Road Race in Midtown Atlanta.
4. Charles Harris Run 10K (Decatur, February) This race honors the legacy of Charles Harris and and benefits research for Leukemia. This is a popular point-to-point net downhill race in Decatur.
3. Resolution Run (Brookhaven, January) Start your new year off in the right direction with this 4 mile race that starts at 10:30 am.
2. Monday Night Brewing Westside 10 (Midtown, December) Participants of this race can select either a 10 mile or 10 kilometer distance through the rolling hills of West Midtown. Finishers ages 21 and up receive a pint of beer after the race.
1. Hot Chocolate 15K / 5K (Downtown, January) This race provides chocolate fondue for all finishers with a keepsake mug and high quality hoodie. 15K finishers receive a medal in the shape of a partially unwrapped chocolate bar.